December 18, 2011

studio update 2

This is the photography section of the studio update. I think of painting as my job and photography as my hobby, but there's plenty of overlap. At the end of the day, though, I approach them the same way: much more 'focused' on the imagery than the technical. I still haven't read my eight-year-old camera's user's manual.

Even so, I've been wiki-ed! The above photo, taken 10 months ago, is now here. And then a couple of months ago I entered a photo contest. I don't enter contests but the entry fee for this one went directly into the coffers of the BC SPCA's Wild Animal Rehabilitation Centre. My photo of a Pileated Woodpecker on our deck got an Honourable Mention (scroll down to see the winning photos) in the Backyard Habitats section.

Lately I've been toying with the idea of offering archival prints of my favourite urban photos online, but I have no idea how successful photographers are at selling their work this way. Any thoughts on that?

industryscape

3 comments:

kj said...

that photo is fantastic. the color and clarity alone is worth an award!

how are you? good holidays coming up?

xoxo
kj

andrea said...

You can't be meaning the last photo since it has no colour so I'm guessing it's the woodpecker. :) Thanks, KJ, for making me feel less alone out here in the cyber wilderness. xo

valerie walsh said...

Well you take beautiful photos fo sho! i love em all!!! I bet you would do well :)