April 3, 2011

painting by committee

I promise that this is the last time you will see this painting, or should I say painting-by-committee! When I posted the last image it ended up in a bunch of friends' Facebook newsfeeds and I got an email from someone I didn't know pointing out the placement error in the crow's shadow. I'd had trouble figuring out where to place it because I absentmindedly assumed the shadow on the sidewalk on the left (beside/above my signature) was of the fence posts, not the telephone pole 'off camera'. I never thought much about it, actually, since it clearly doesn't match the shadows on the right hand side of the picture.

So here it is, new shadow installed, and after photographing it I noticed that the shadow was too light (!@#?&!). I have darkened it but I categorically refuse to photograph it again. Do I ever need to move onto something new now! :) And to make it worth your while listening to my drivel, here is a linocut by my 16 year old son, Adam (click to enlarge).

3 comments:

INDIGENE said...

:) That's the good and bad of the 'net; everyone is a critic! It was lovely before and still is!

andrea said...

Thanks, I. And now I can remove my flippant comment above now that you've done me the honour of commenting. :)

Hayden said...

LOL! I've been off-line, so sorry I'm late to the party. Frankly, I found the series quite interesting and went back and forth, staring at shadows this time.

humm. seems I spend a lot of time looking at/for shadow.